About Glasgow Life
About Glasgow Life
Glasgow Life is a charity working for the benefit of the people of Glasgow.
We aim to inspire every citizen and visitor to become engaged and active in a city globally renowned for culture and sport.
Our programmes, services and events enable people to experience the life changing benefits of participating in culture and sport at all levels. These range from activities in local communities to large-scale events which present Glasgow internationally.
Everyone deserves a great Glasgow life and we find innovative ways to make this happen across the city’s diverse communities.
Our work is designed to promote inclusion, happiness and health, as well as support the city’s visitor economy, in order to enhance Glasgow’s mental, physical and economic wellbeing.
Glasgow Life also has responsibility for:
- Managing the city’s destination marketing and implementing the award-winning PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW brand;
- Managing nine award-winning civic museums, including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Riverside Museum and the Burrell Collection (currently closed for refurbishment) as well as the Kelvin Hall;
- The Glasgow Club – Scotland’s largest health and fitness network – including landmarks such as the Emirates Arena and Tollcross International Swimming Centre;
- The Mitchell Library and an estate of Community Libraries, as well as community facilities across the city and a significant learning programme;
- Programming world-class music in venues such as the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, incredible art and exhibitions at Tramway and a number of cultural events, such as Celtic Connections, the Mela, the World Pipe Band Championships and the Merchant City Festival, among others;
- Leading partners in the delivery of Glasgow’s Tourism and Visitor Plan to 2023; positioning the city as a vibrant, first-choice destination for leisure and business tourists;
- Managing Glasgow’s Convention Bureau, which attracts more than 500 conferences to the city each year.
For more information on our work, visit glasgowlife.org.uk/about-us.