About Glasgow Life
Glasgow Life delivers services on behalf of Glasgow City Council to both citizens and visitors to the city, providing opportunities through culture, sport and learning. Glasgow Life has responsibility for:
- Managing the city’s destination marketing and implementing the award-winning PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW brand;
- Managing nine award-winning civic museums, including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Riverside Museum and the Burrell Collection (currently closed for refurbishment until spring 2021) as well as the Kelvin Hall;
- The Glasgow Club – Scotland’s largest health and fitness network – including landmarks such as the Emirates Arena and Tollcross International Swimming Centre;
- The Mitchell Library and 32 Community Libraries, as well as community facilities across the city and a significant learning programme;
- Programming world-class music in venues such as the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, incredible art and exhibitions at Tramway and a number of cultural events, such as Celtic Connections, the Mela, the World Pipe Band Championships and the Merchant City Festival, among others;
- Leading partners in the delivery of Glasgow’s Tourism and Visitor Plan to 2023; positioning the city as a vibrant, first-choice destination for leisure and business tourists;
- Managing Glasgow’s Convention Bureau, which attracts more than 500 conferences to the city each year;
- Supporting the delivery of major events in Glasgow, including the LGT World Men’s Curling Championship in 2020 and the UEFA EURO 2020 Championship.
For more information, visit www.glasgowlife.org.uk.