Tours in Glasgow
Tours in Glasgow
Whether it's on foot or by bus, Glasgow has a whole range of tours to help you discover the city.
You are sure of a warm welcome with the friendly guides at Walking Tours in Glasgow. From street art to Mackintosh and the city centre to bespoke tours, they have many options to choose from on the Walking Tours in Glasgow website.
Enjoy exploring the city at your own pace with an audio walking tour by Walking Heads. Visit the Walking Heads website and choose from tour topics like music or architecture.
If you're looking for a self-guided, interactive tour which turns a walk around the city centre into a treasure hunt, then Go Quest Adventures Glasgow is for you. Find out more at goquestadventures.com.
Credit: Dan Burman Photos
If you’re short on time, a cycling tour around Glasgow is a great way to see lots of the city in a morning or afternoon. Visit the Glasgow Bike Tours website or Gallus Pedals website to see the range of tours they have on offer. Their routes are designed to take in good cycling surfaces and are suitable for a range of fitness levels.
Step aboard the City Sightseeing Bus Tour to visit some of Glasgow's most popular attractions. The complete tour takes 90 minutes and you can hop on and off as often as you like at any of the stops on the route. Visit the City Sightseeing Glasgow website to book.
Red Bus Bistro’s vintage Routemaster bus tour offers something special. Enjoy dining onboard and indulge in afternoon tea, Italian antipasti, or pizza and Prosecco, as you tour around some of Glasgow’s top sights. Tours last approximately 90 minutes and can be booked on the Red Bus Bistro website.
Discover the beauty of Glasgow’s architecture, the magic of Charles Rennie Mackintosh and much more at one of the city’s fantastic attraction tours:
- University of Glasgow: the iconic grounds of the University of Glasgow campus in the west end are beautiful to explore. Visit the University of Glasgow website to take a self-guided tour and discover Glasgow’s very own Hogwarts!
- House for an Art Lover: explore the beauty and architectural details of the Charles Rennie Mackintosh-designed House for an Art Lover at your own pace with your very own audio headset guide. Find out more at houseforanartlover.co.uk.
- Mackintosh at the Willow: taking place every day at 10am and 11am, enjoy a guided tour of the beautifully restored Mackintosh at the Willow tearooms – another Charles Rennie Mackintosh gem in the city. And why not stay for a tasty treat afterwards? Visit mackintoshatthewillow.com to book.
Explore the city's musical history on foot with Glasgow Music City Tours, who bring alive the stories of Glasgow’s legendary music scene. Visit the Glasgow Music City Tours website to book.
Dance your way through the city with Silent Disco Adventure, who offer a 60-minute roaming tour with tunes provided via headsets. Check out the Silent Adventures website for details.
For foodies, enjoy a tour with Eat Walk Glasgow or Glasgow Food and Drink Tours for tastings from some of the best restaurants, bars and shops whilst learning about the city’s architecture and history. Visit eatwalkglasgow.co.uk and glasgowfoodndrinktour.co.uk to discover more.
Learn all about Glasgow's brewing history with a guided tour. Start off at Tennent's Wellpark Brewery - home to one of Scotland's most loved brands - and enjoy a tour and tasting experience at the world-famous brewery. Check out the Tennent’s Tours website to book.
Right next door you'll find Drygate, the UK's first experiential brewery where you can see the brewers work their magic as you enjoy a pint. The informal tour will take you behind the scenes and includes a guided tasting of four of the brewery's fantastic beers. Visit drygate.com to find out more.
Located in Finnieston, drop into the Hidden Lane Brewery to pick up some delicious vegan beers and take a tour to learn about their processes. Find out more at hiddenlanebrewery.com.
Complete your Glasgow brewery adventure with a tour of West Brewery. Their beer has ‘Glaswegian heart’ and a ‘German head’ with all beers brewed under the German Purity Law of 1516. Visit westbeer.com to book.
Whisky enthusiasts, as well as those new to the warming spirit, will find plenty to love at the Clydeside Distillery. Located right next to the River Clyde, visit theclydeside.com to check out the range of tours on offer.
Slightly further afield but within a reasonable distance of the city, the stunning Glengoyne and Auchentoshan distilleries offer a varied range of fantastic tours. Check out glengoyne.com
and auchentoshan.com to find out more.
Glasgow has a wealth of football history. Take a stadium tour of Celtic Park and Ibrox, which are home to Glasgow's most famous football clubs, Celtic Football Club and Rangers Football Club.
Or visit Scotland’s national stadium, Hampden Park, for an informative tour alongside some fascinating exhibits at the Scottish Football Museum. Visit celticfc.com, rangers.co.uk and hampdenpark.co.uk to find out more.
Join an expert driver-guide and discover Glasgow from the comfort of your very own chauffeur-driven car. Glasgow Taxis, David James Chauffeur Drive and Little's offer bespoke tours of the city. Visit glasgowtaxis.co.uk, davidjameschauffeur.co.uk, littles.co.uk to enquire.
Tours of Scotland
Glasgow is perfectly located to discover the beauty of wider Scotland. Here are some Scottish tours to enjoy:
- Loch Lomond Seaplanes: for a truly unforgettable experience, step aboard a Loch Lomond Seaplane and take in the beauty of the water and surrounding landscape. Visit Loch Lomond Seaplanes website to book.
- Cruise Loch Lomond: take to the waters of Loch Lomond by joining a boat trip with Cruise Loch Lomond. You can depart from either Tarbet or Luss and book a ticket at cruiselochlomond.co.uk.
- Rabbie’s: islands, castles, whisky and more – Rabbie’s offer a selection of mini-coach tours which depart from Glasgow. Visit the Rabbie’s website to find out more.
- Timberbush: discover the rest of Scotland from Glasgow with 1, 2, 3 and 5-day tour options by Timberbush Tours. Head to timberbush-tours.co.uk to book.
- Discover Scotland: hop aboard a coach tour with Discover Scotland enjoy Scottish beauty spots such as Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Isle of Skye. Visit the Discover Scotland website to find out more.
Article last updated: February 2023