Vintage and pre-loved shopping
Vintage and pre-loved shopping
Discover second-hand treasures and retro glamour in Glasgow's brilliant vintage and pre-loved shops.
Based in the southside, Glad Rags is a not-for-profit vintage store that has a great selection of men and women’s clothing and accessories. Find out more on Glad Rags Facebook page and be sure to pop into sister venue, The Glad Cafe, after shopping.
Also in the southside is Seamster Vintage, a zero waste clothing store, which specialises in retro clothing and handmade upcycled accessories. Find out more at Seamster Vintage's website.
The Glasgow Vintage Company
Located in Kelvinbridge in the west end, independent boutique The Glasgow Vintage Company is home to 2 floors of vintage attire, spanning eras from the 1950s to the 1990s. Take a peek at collections on their Instagram page.
Mr Ben Retro Clothing
Found in the Merchant City, Mr Ben Retro Clothing is known as one of the best stocked vintage stores in the country with classic and designer labelled clothing from a variety of decades. Visit Mr Ben's website.
In the same alcove of quirky shops as Mr Ben Retro Clothing is City Retro. Here you'll find a variety of men and women’s fashions, from baseball sweaters to wedding dresses. Visit City Retro on Facebook.
Starry Starry Night
Established in 1986, you'll find Starry Starry Night on the cobbled Dowanside Lane in the west end. The boutique is home to a collection of treasures from years gone by, dating all the way back to Victorian era. Visit Starry Starry Night's website.
Complete your retro style with a visit to Pin-ups and choose a hair and make-up look from your favourite era. Visit Pin-ups website to find out about their range of services.
The city's infamous Barras Market has a range of products at great prices, many of which are vintage or upcycled. From one-off items to sustainable fashion, you'll be sure to find something unique. Visit barrasmarket.com.
Voltaire & Rosseau
Voltaire and Rousseau is packed to the rafters with great second-hand books. Visit Voltaire & Rosseau's website for info on this west end gem.
Based in Kelvinbridge, Caledonia Books specialises in second-hand and antique books, as well as out-of-print finds. Visit caledoniabooks.co.uk for details.
Young's Interesting Books
Based in Shawlands, Young's Interesting Books is a small space, packed with quality finds. Visit Young's Interesting Books Facebook page for ideas of what they stock.
Operating for over 20 years, Thistle Books buy and sell a large range of second-hand books, specialising in Scottish literature and history. Visit Thistle Books website to find out more about their book finding service.
Kinder Handl Community Enterprise CIC
Kinder Handl is a social enterprise with two shops in Glasgow's southside that are full of second-hand treasures. Their children's store in Mount Florida has everything from furniture to clothes to toys. Meanwhile in Battlefield, their store for grown-ups sells gifts, collectibles, jewellery and more. Find out more at kinderhandl.co.uk.
Merry-go-round is another social enterprise found in Glasgow's southside. They have great quality second-hand clothes, toys, books, prams and more for families. Visit merrygoroundglasgow.co.uk to find out about items, as well as classes and events.
Music and record stores
- Glasgow institution Missing Records have been operating for years from their Argyle Street base as second-hand vinyl specialists. Visit Missing Records Instagram page for info.
- In the city centre you'll come across Love Music, an old-school independent store, rock music specialist and champion of unsigned artists from the city. Visit Love Music on Facebook.
- Every type of music genre is catered for at Monorail Music, an independent record store, which is also a vegan cafe and music venue. Visit monorailmusic.com.
- Some Great Reward in the southside stocks new, rare and local music in vinyl. Visit Some Great Reward's website.
- Assai Records is a Scottish store with a Sauchiehall Street branch. Discover their great selection of vinyl, events and more by visiting assai.co.uk.
- Albamusick is home to one of the largest collections of second-hand and antiquarian classical sheet music in the world. Visit albamusick.co.uk.
- Mixed Up Records sells new and not so new vinyls, CDs and DVDs to collectors and music fans alike. Visit mixeduprrecords.com.
- Find a bargain at Oxfam Music Store, which sells CD’s, vinyl, 78’s and second-hand sheet music. Visit the Byres Road Oxfam store's Facebook page.
Famed for being the oldest confectionary store in Glasgow, Glickman's sell well-known Scottish sweeties that your grandparents used to enjoy. Visit Glickman's Facebook page.
Mrs Mitchell’s Sweetie Shop
Selling every sweet delight you can imagine plus much more, Mrs Mitchell’s Sweetie Shop on Argyle Street will bring you a Scottish sugar rush like no other. Visit Mrs Mitchell's Sweetie Shop on Facebook.
The Cup and Saucer Vintage Tearoom
Famed for its love of home baking and all things vintage, The Cup and Saucer Vintage Tearoom serves up cakes and quality loose leaf teas, all with a dash of rock and roll. Find out more at this vintage cafe's website.
Article last updated: November 2023