The countdown to Christmas is well and truly on with only 21 sleeps to go! To get in to the festive spirit why not take a trip down to Glasgow's George Square to enjoy a range of Christmas activities, 7 days a week until December 31 (excluding Christmas Day).
There's also a chance to win a family ticket for Glasgow on Ice, scroll down to the end of the article to enter!
Soak Up the Festive Atmosphere
Warm the cockles with a glass of mulled wine or a tasty hot drink from the double deck bar while you soak up the atmosphere under the twinkling Christmas lights and sparkling Christmas tree.
Get your Skates on for Glasgow on Ice
Wrap up warm and lace up your skates for Glasgow on Ice! As the city’s only open-air ice rink, there’s nowhere better to enjoy a skating session under the stars. Glasgow on Ice is open 12noon - 10pm on weekdays and 10am - 10pm on weekends, book your tickets here!
Take a Spin on the Chair o Planes
As well as ice skating you’ll also be able to enjoy a range of other family friendly activities. Take in the skyline views of Glasgow from the top of the Big Wheel, take a spin on the ever popular chair o planes or enjoy a turn on the traditional carousel.
Free Kids Entertainment
Every weekend throughout the festive period there will be free kids entertainment, including Santa storytelling, art workshops and Christmas sing-a-long sessions.
Watch the Glasgow Santa Dash
Thousands of Santas will be limbering up on George Square on Saturday, December 6 in preparation for the Glasgow Santa Dash charity 5k! This year’s nominated charity is the Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice in Glasgow. Online entry for the event has now closed but why not head down to cheer on all of the Santas as they turn the city red.
Ready...Steady… Ho Ho Ho!
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
With all of this ice skating, carousel riding and Santa dashing, you're sure to build up an appetite. Thankfully there are plenty of nearby cafes and restaurants in and around George Square where you can refuel, including:
Enjoy the relaxed and family friendly atmosphere at Jamie’s Italian while tucking in to the restaurant’s extensive antipasti selection and delicious pasta dishes.
The Anchor Line Bar & Grill
The Anchor Line building was once the booking office for Anchor Line cruise ships, which ran regular trips across the pond from Glasgow to New York. It has now been transformed into The Anchor Line Bar & Grill, a great restaurant offering an American-Scottish menu and a very tasty cocktail selection.
2. Draw opens on December 3, 2015 and closes on December 10, 2015.
3. No travel expenses incurred in redeeming the prize will be included.
4. No responsibility will be taken by Glasgow City Marketing Bureau for entries which for technical or other reasons are not entered correctly or are lost. Incorrect and incomplete entries will not qualify for the prize draw. No entries from agents, third parties, organised group or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
5. The winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries. The draw will take place on December 11, 2015.
6. The winner will be contacted via email after the draw and given details of how to claim their prize.
7. If a winner has not responded to the email within 2 working days, an alternative winner will be drawn. Up to a maximum of two alternative winners will be chosen following the initial draw.
8. All entrants to the prize draw will be deemed to have accepted the rules.
9. The prize draw may be promoted in other Glasgow City Marketing Bureau sponsored promotions before the closing date.
10. All prize elements are subject to availability.
11. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
13. The prize consists of one family ticket (up to 2 adults and 3 children) for Glasgow on Ice skating, George Square, Glasgow, G1
14. The prize is non-transferrable and must be used before December 31, 2015. (excluding December 25, 2015)
15. Glasgow On Ice is not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers
16. To redeem vouchers winners must visit Box Office on George Square