City of Glasgow College is one of Scotland's largest Further Education colleges, with historic industry links and a valued reputation for developing skills for life and work across many specialisms - in Glasgow, nationally, and internationally.
The College offers a wide range of education and training opportunities, from foundation courses through to Higher National Diplomas, as well as a number of Degree courses with our Higher Education partners. There are 835 unique courses, across 6 Faculties with 34 academic departments in a range of specialist fields.
City of Glasgow College has one of the largest international student bodies in Scottish Further Education. We rank in the Top 4% in the UK for issuing Tier 4 visas with Highly Trusted Status from the UKBA.
Our international student community is something we are extremely proud of here at the college. This provides a rich cultural, social and educational mix which appeals to both our Scottish students and staff.
Glasgow is one of Europe's most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities. Our city centre location makes the College easily accessible for students by all types of transport. Glasgow is the entertainment, shopping and cultural capital of Scotland and it's on your doorstep.
City of Glasgow College website
Information for International Students
- Established in 2010
- 32500 students
- 636 teaching staff and 1195 support staff
- 5% of students are international - large numbers from India, Angola, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Nigeria
- 1.28% of students are from the rest of the UK
- Best known for - Art & Design; Business & Enterprise; Community, Care & Social Sciences; Computing; Construction, Engineering & Energy; Creative Industries; Food, Hospitality & Tourism; Hair & Beauty; Sport; Languages & ESOL, Nautical Studies
- Qualifications on offer - access level courses, NC's, HNC's, HND's, Degree level courses, Postgraduate Certificates and Diplomas.
- Term starts beginning of August
- 260 rooms in student accommodation
- 25 articulation partnerships with Universities across the UK
- One of Europe's largest colleges will open in Glasgow in one year from now. The completed £228 million City of Glasgow College super campus will be the size of 11 football pitches, have its own roof garden and be home to around 40,000 students a year.
- Key features will include around 300 Classrooms of the Future with the latest technology including writable walls and lecture theatres which can host performances and convert into kitchens for Masterchef style demonstrations.
- Other unique features will include a cabin of an airplane, a working ship's engine room and a ship simulator allowing students to experience the bridge of a huge Super Tanker.
- The College is renowned throughout the sub-continent for its work in the areas of Nautical Studies, Engineering and Maritime studies.
- We work with 18 chartered and professional bodies including, SQA, AAT, CIPS, CIPD, CIM, CMI, RYA, Cisco, Microsoft and the MCA.