Clyde's Mascot Trail
***Clyde’s Trail is now finished, read the full statement here***
Clyde is the Official Mascot of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth
Thanks to some great designs from school pupils across the city, he'll be sporting a variety of colourful new outfits during the Games highlighting everything that's great about Glasgow.
He'll be out and about in the city at 25 different locations* - can you find him?
Clyde’s Trail App:
You can download our app to help you complete Clyde's Trail. The iPhone version is available to download from iTunes and the Android version is available from Google Play. To complete Clyde’s Trail all you have to do is scan the QR code at each location.
Clyde's Trail Map:
Clyde also has his own map for you to download to track him
downclick here for Clyde's Mascot Trail map.
Each of the 25 fibreglass mascots has a QR code. The Big G in George Square, wooden Clyde in Queen’s Park and the two floral Clyde’s at Glasgow Green and Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum have been included on the map and the app to show their location so they can be enjoyed as part of Clyde’s Trail, however they don’t have a QR code to collect.
Set yourself the challenge of taking a selfie with him at every point on his trail using #ClydesTrail
Clyde's Trail has been created in partnership with Glasgow 2014's official charity UNICEF. Why not support UNICEF's great work with children by making a donation - simply text CHILD to 70800 to give £3**
To find out more about UNICEF's work and its partnership with Glasgow 2014 please visit www.unicef.org.uk/glasgow14
“Clyde’s Trail is great fun and his different outfits are fantastic. I've walked, jogged, got on buses and took the subway as I’ve made my way around the trail. I’ve had complete strangers, of all ages and nationalities, happily take my photo with Clyde – and when they asked me what it was for, I was only too happy to tell them and encouraged them to follow Clyde’s Trail themselves. I really can’t wait for the Games to start, I think I might implode with excitement!”
If you have any questions about #ClydesTrail simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find Clyde here:
- Clyde at Aikenhead Road outfit designed by Robbie Hannah
- Clyde at BBC at the Quay outfit designed by Charlie Stevenson
- Clyde at Botanic Gardens outfit designed by Emma Templeton
- Clyde at Bridgeton Cross outfit designed by Macy McGinlay
- Clyde at Broomielaw outfit designed by Logan Glatley
- Clyde at Buchanan Bus Station outfit designed by Isabell Donaldson
- Clyde at Buchanan Street outfit designed by Mahnoor Ahmed
- Clyde at Cathcart Road outfit designed by Darren Fisher
- Clyde at Clyde Gateway outfit designed by Jack Faulds
- Clyde at Edmiston Drive outfit designed by Saskia Alexander
- Clyde at Gallowgate outfit designed by Sophie Tierney
- Clyde at Glasgow Central Station outfit designed by Lucy-Ella Richer
- Clyde at Glasgow Cross outfit designed by Rachel MacRae
- Clyde at Glasgow Queen Street outfit designed by Rhea Beattie
- Clyde at Kelvingrove Park outfit designed by Michelle Wood
- Clyde at King's Park* outfit designed by Charlie Richardson
*Clyde is within the walled garden which is open from 7.30am to 6.30pm
- Clyde at Lancefield Quay outfit designed by Niamh Carey
- Clyde at Prospecthill Road outfit designed by Lauren Ross
- Clyde at Riverside Museum outfit designed by Kieran McLaughlin
- Clyde at Sauchiehall Street outfit designed by Ishrat Fatima
- Clyde at Sauchiehall Street outfit designed by Alana Wilson
- Clyde at St Enoch Square outfit designed by UNICEF
- Clyde at The Royal Hospital for Sick Children outfit designed by Kaydence Allan
- Clyde at Tollcross Park* outfit designed by Catrina Hodge
*In front of the bandstand across from the winter gardens
- Clyde at Victoria Park outfit designed by Serena Maxwell-Travers
**UK only. You will be charged £3, plus one message at your standard network rate. The full £3 will be received by UNICEF UK Registered charity England & Wales (1072612), Scotland (SC043677). To discuss this mobile payment, please call 0207 375 6285.